Lexington VA Health Care System
Schedule a VA Appointment
There are many ways for Veterans to make health care appointments.
- If you don’t have VA health care benefits, you can apply now. Apply for VA health care.
- If you’re having a medical emergency, please call 911 or call the Veterans Crisis Line at 1-800-273-8255, then press 1.
Schedule an Appointment
Follow the instructions on this page on how to make an appointment by phone at this facility.
VA now offers online appointment scheduling for some appointments. We hope to expand the number of VA facilities and types of appointments in the future.
If you have VA health care benefits, you can schedule your VA primary care appointments online if you:
- Are scheduling your appointment with a VA medical facility that accepts online scheduling, and
- Have had a primary care appointment at that VA facility within the last 2 years, and
- Have a My HealtheVet Premium account or DS Logon Premium account (used for eBenefits and milConnect)
With your online account, you’ll also be able to:
- Track the status of requests
- Send messages about requested appointments
- Get notifications about appointments
- Cancel appointments
Upgrade your Existing Accounts
At the Lexington VA Health Care System, we have established a number of procedures to assist you in getting an appointment without a long delay.
- Our goal is to provide timely care to our patients. Primary Care providers are generally able to see their established patients within 2 days.
- We strive to see all new patients within 30 days. If you are a new patient, who has not come to the VA before, please should contact our Eligibility Office at 859.281.4948 to enroll in VA healthcare.
Scheduling Your First Appointment
After enrolling, schedule your first patient primary care appointment by calling Health Benefits/Eligibility at 859-281-4948.
Scheduling, Changing, or Cancelling Appointments
If you need to make, change, or cancel an appointment, please contact our Telephone Care Program at 859-281-4949 (local) or 1-888-824-3577 (toll free). The Telephone Care Program staff is able to schedule many appointments when you call in. If they cannot schedule or change the appointment, they will have an appropriate staff member assist you.
Information to Help You Decide about Where to Receive Your Care
VA has a regularly updated Access to Care website that provides useful information that can help you to decide the best VA location for you to receive your care. Before making an appointment, you can find out the following information for a VA location:
- Wait times for primary care, mental health, and some of the commonest specialties
- If same day services are available in primary care and mental health
- If Telehealth is available in primary care and mental health
- If it has an emergency room
- Facility contact information
- Veteran satisfaction scores
- Quality information comparing each VA and local area non-VA healthcare facilities
VA is committed to give Veterans the access to care they need, when they need it. When you’re planning your care at VA, you can rely on us to give you the information you need to make informed health care decisions.